Did you know that 9 out of 10 users rate reviews or comments online before contacting a business, especially if this is a local business?
According to research conducted by BrightLocal, about 85% of people read reviews before buying and 65% read an average of 6 reviews prior to purchase.
Reputation is created not only by a good positioning and presence in social networks, by an attractive website and blog and with good content, also by bang of reviews.
Reviews consist of opinions that users leave on the local Google page, which is especially beneficial to increase the presence, trust and credibility of the business if they are positive and, of course, real. Therefore, getting positive reviews influences the web positioning of your business, but also provides a greater conviction to users and potential customers who are looking for what the company offers. The reviews become a key factor for the user to decide whether or not to buy our product or purchase our service.
How do you get positive reviews?
- Encourage satisfied customers to give their opinion about the company through a small discount on the next purchase
- Encourage followers of social networks to give their opinion
- Include the address of the page in emails of news or business cards
- An email a few days after the purchase with link to the page
- An invitation to relevant users to test the products or services in exchange for an opinion