Through the web analytics we can analyze in much more detail the results of marketing actions and make the most accurate decisions on our website to:
- Optimize our website to sell more or attract more customers.
- Improve our marketing actions.
- Identify and connect with our right audience.
It does not matter if we have a small website, a blog or we are part of a large company. It is no longer enough to have some knowledge of SEO and Online Marketing. Web analytics is a step towards success and the essential complement of your SEM / PPC campaigns.
The Web Analytics Association determines that web analytics is “the measurement, processing, analysis and reporting of Internet traffic in order to understand and optimize the use of a website”.
Web analytics does not try to measure traffic to our website, but to understand it and analyze it to make improvements in the site and, finally, to achieve the objective that we have established for our website, be it an ecommerce, a corporate site, a Advertising portal or a network or social site.
Through the web analysis we will study the impact of our online marketing campaigns, the behavior of visitors on the website and look for trends so that we can make better decisions.
Thanks to web analytics we can compile the right data. Apart from visits, page views, rebound rates, or site time, we can analyze many other metrics that are the same or more important than these.
Steps to analyze a website
To analyze any portal we recommend that you follow the following steps:
- Choose the type of website with which we are: online store (ecommerce, log collection portal, blog, corporate website …
- Establish site objectives and KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Establish the time period in which the data will be collected.
- Choose the right tool to carry out the analysis.
- Analyze the structure of the website, we have to see how it is organized, the process that users follow to reach the goal …
- Label the different pages of our website so that the data can be measured. Each page of the site must have its specific URL.
- Measure and obtain reports.
- Review reports, analyze data, and make changes that are necessary to achieve stated objectives.